Simple Way to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing)
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing) using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing):
- Take Good for 3 chicken quarters (thigh with leg)
- Prepare Brine
- Prepare Water, enough to submerge chicken
- Get 6-7 tablespoon heaps of salt
- Make ready Chicken Rub
- Prepare Salt
- Make ready Pepper
- Make ready Dash cinnamon
- Prepare Sauce to cook it in
- Take 4 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Take 1 Tbsp regular Soy Sauce
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Soy Liquid Seasoning (I use Knorr)
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Get 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Prepare 2-3 big pinches of brown sugar
- Get 10 Tbsp water
- Get 2 clove (spice) pieces
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Make ready 2 small-medium onions, sliced
- Make ready 1 dried bay leaf or laurel leaf
- Prepare 1 green chili sliced in middle
- Take To Brown
- Take 2-3 T Cooking oil
- Prepare Few drops Sesame oil
- Get Garnish / Side (optional)
- Make ready 3-4 bunches Pechay
- Get Sprinkle of All Purpose Seasoning powder
- Take Dash Salt
- Take Dash Sesame Oil
Steps to make Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing):
- BRINE: Take out frozen chicken and soak it in water. Just enough water to keep all pieces submerged. Sprinkle salt all over on top of the chicken and around it. Set aside until thawed.
- RUB: Check chicken if completely thawed and now soft. Discard brine. Rub chicken with pepper and salt on all sides. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the skin side, set aside.
- SAUCE TO COOK IN: Prepare pot, combine Sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Add chicken with skin side up. Cover and bring to a boil again then lower heat, cooking for 20 minutes. Then flip all pieces to the other side and simmer another 20 minutes.
- PECHAY: with 10 minutes left on the clock, you can add the washed pechay on top of the chicken to steam, cover and continue cookingthe chicken.
- PECHAY : Turn off heat and transfer pechay on a heated non stick pan (while leaving the chicken in the pot, covered) and add a few drops of sesame oil all around, season with all purpose seasoning powder and dash of salt. Cover a couple minutes then transfer and arrange on a plate.
- Set aside the remaining chicken sauce/drippings in the pot.
- BROWNING: On the same non stick pan, with residue of sesame oil, add some cooking oil (just a couple tablespoons to lightly fry/brown) then fish out the chicken from the pot and skin side down, lightly caramelize it. Flip to the other side if you want both sides browned. Remember, don't over cook to keep the meat juicy.
- Plate the chicken, caramelized side up. Serve with the sauce/drippings on the side, if desired.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food asian spiced sesame soy chicken (sans the xiao xing) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!