Simple Way to Make Speedy Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, kentucky bourbon pecan pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Kentucky bourbon pecan pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
Place the pie shell on a baking sheet—this will make it easier to move and will catch any spills. BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE, also known as a DERBY PIE. This popular pie was created at The Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky as a.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have kentucky bourbon pecan pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kentucky bourbon pecan pie:
- Get 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- Make ready 2/3 cup dark Karo corn syrup
- Prepare 1/4 cup whole sweet cream unsalted butter
- Take 4 large eggs
- Get 1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon
- Prepare 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Make ready 1/2 tsp real almond extract
- Get 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Take 1 cup pecans (mix of halves and pieces is good)
This recipe for Kentucky Bourbon Pie is straight out of the deep south and mixes pecans, Bourbon (Whiskey) and whipped cream. The sweet kick of Bourbon with a buttery smooth pecan filling. You'll be ready for the Kentucky Derby with this spin on a Derby Pie! This is a classic and simple recipe given a Southern kick with a little bourbon.
Steps to make Kentucky bourbon pecan pie:
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a 9 inch pie plate press out your pie dough and flute the edges (crimp)
- Place brown surger and corn syrup in a medium size bowl. Melt butter in a microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds on high and then add it to the brown sugar and corn syrup while still hot. Mix very well (it will take a minute or two of mixing).
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, bourbon, vanilla, almond and salt. Whisk until the eggs are beaten well and everything is mixed well.
- Whisking continuously, mix the sugar mix into the egg mix.
- Gently fold in the pecans
- Pour mixture into pie shell
- Bake at 325 1 hour (depending on your oven it might longer or less - start checking 55 minutes and then bake until pie is jiggly in the center)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack or folded towel until completely cooled and gelled. Place in refrigerator until time to eat
The alcohol will evaporate when you bake the pie, and you're left with a richly flavored, gooey dessert, intensely sweet with a baseline of vanilla. Give pecan pie a serious upgrade with our Kentucky Bourbon Pie. Fashioned after George Kern's Derby Pie recipe, the recipe's combination of chocolate, bourbon, and pecans has earned it a spot as one of the South's most beloved desserts. A trifecta of chocolate, pecans and bourbon, this Kentucky Derby pie is the perfect dessert to serve at your Kentucky Derby viewing or tailgate party. Even if you're not into horse racing, you won't be able to resist a slice of this delicious dessert.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food kentucky bourbon pecan pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!