Recipe of Quick Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, old fashioned peanut brittle. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
This old-fashioned peanut brittle recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious. Peanut brittle makes a perfect holiday season gift for friends, family, co-workers, teachers, or anyone else deserving of some deliciousness. To make the sweet treat a cute gift, tie a festive ribbon with a gift tag on the glass jar.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have old fashioned peanut brittle using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle:
- Make ready 1 cup granulated sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- Get 1/2 cup hot water
- Make ready 1 cup raw Spanish peanuts
- Make ready 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1 tsp baking soda
- Take 1 butter
This recipe is a favorite of my Dad's too. Peanut brittle makes great gifts and it's damn delicious! Old-Fashioned Homemade Peanut Brittle is a crispy, crunchy homemade candy loaded with roasted peanuts in a buttery, sweet candy coating. Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle was one of my favorites because of the way it goes from being a syrup to foam to the hard brittle pieces we all love.
Steps to make Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle:
- Butter a medium pizza pan. Set on a thick towel or a couple of pot holders on a heat resistant surface.
- In a medium sized heavy bottom metal saucepan, combine sugar, Karo syrup, and water.
- Bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, to hard ball stage.
- Add peanuts. Cook until peanuts begin to pop.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in baking soda. Let rise until it quits and stir it down. Let rise again and pour evenly onto prepared pizza pan.
- Let cool COMPLETELY before breaking into large pieces. Store tightly covered in a cool dry place.
It was magical to me, and now I'm sharing the magic with you. Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle recipe made by my dad every holiday. This can be made one month ahead of time. Note: Be sure to bring up to heat slowly and stir steadily. If you don't like peanuts, try pecans or walnuts instead.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food old fashioned peanut brittle recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!