Recipe of Speedy Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, acorn squash with kale and turkey sausage. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have acorn squash with kale and turkey sausage using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage:
- Make ready 3 acorn squash
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare Olive oil cooking spray
- Prepare 3 tsp olive oil
- Get 1 lb spicy Italian turkey sausage
- Take 1 large leek
- Take 3 cloves garlic
- Prepare 4 cups baby kale
- Make ready 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Get 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Take 3 tsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Prepare 3 tbs panko breadcrumbs
- Get Red pepper flakes, optional
Instructions to make Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the squash in half. Cut a thin slice off the round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 40 minutes. Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook, breaking into coarse pieces, until brown, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and leek; cook until leek is soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, 30 seconds. Add kale and toss; add broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes; stir in sausage. Divide kale-sausage filling among squash.
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan, panko and optional red pepper flakes; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray. Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food acorn squash with kale and turkey sausage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!