Steps to Prepare Award-winning Turkey a la King
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, turkey a la king. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Turkey a la King is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Turkey a la King is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook turkey a la king using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey a la King:
- Make ready 1 large Onion, chopped small
- Get 2 tablespoons Oil
- Prepare 170 grams Peas
- Make ready 170 grams (small carton) Mushrooms, sliced
- Get 2 portions Turkey, chopped
- Take 300 ml Single Cream
- Get 3 heaped Tablespoons Flour (any kind)
- Prepare 1 pint Milk
- Take Plain Boiled / Steamed Rice to serve with
- Take Salt and Pepper to season
Steps to make Turkey a la King:
- Chop up onions and stir fry with the oil until soft and golden
- Meanwhile chop up mushrooms and add to pot, keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Chop up turkey pieces small, add to pot with the peas, keep stirring.
- Put the flour in a jug, add a little milk, stir to combine with no lumps, keep adding the remainder of the milk.
- Add the milky sauce to the pot a little at a time, stirring until is mixed nicely. Continue heating until sauce thickens and bubbles. Turn down heat.
- Just before serving, add the cream, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the rice, and enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food turkey a la king recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!