Recipe of Quick Grandma&#39;s Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, grandma's pecan pumpkin pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Imagine a pumpkin pie with pecan pie's best feature—obviously, the candied nut topping. Now spike the custard with rye whiskey, up the flavor of the crust with rye flour, and voilà: pecan-rye pumpkin pie. We use Libby's canned pumpkin because it's reliably consistent, with an ideal water content, and few.
Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook grandma's pecan pumpkin pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie:
- Make ready 3 eggs
- Prepare 1 cup canned pumpkin*
- Get 1 cup sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Get 1 dash salt
- Get 2/3 cup dark Karo corn syrup
- Make ready 2 tbsp melted butter
- Make ready 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans*
- Make ready 1 prepared (frozen) deep dish pie crust*
Grandma's Pumpkin Pie: Here Linuxmom's traditional pumpkin pie recipe. It was handed-down to me from my mother many years ago. I can still see the worn newspaper clipping she'd take out of her cookbook every year the night before Thanksgiving. Here's what you need: pumpkin puree, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ground ginger, salt, eggs, maple syrup, heavy cream, vanilla, pie crust, pecan, maple syrup, salt.
Steps to make Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, combine ONE egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Spread in pie crust.
- In medium/large bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in dark corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Then stir in butter and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended.
- Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until set around edge and it doesn't move or appear liquidy.
- Store in refrigerator.
- For only a thin layer of pumpkin, use half a cup of the canned pumpkin. Grandma prefers it this way. I made it with a whole cup and that was fine too.
- If you buy the packaged pecans from the baking isle, they're already coarsely chopped.
- Do not that the pie crust. Just preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on that to bake.
Pumpkin pie is delicious on its own but with praline pecan topping, it raises the bar to a whole new level! Add whipped cream and maple syrup and you have one extraordinary dessert! Now that's something to celebrate, holidays or not. Grandma was a fabulous cook and her dinners were always. Grandma's magical Layered Custard Pumpkin Pie recipe bakes into three distinct, incredibly light, and delicate custard-like layers.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food grandma's pecan pumpkin pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!