Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Sweet Potato Casserole
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sweet potato casserole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato Casserole is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Sweet Potato Casserole is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Get 4 large Sweet potatoes
- Prepare 1/3 cup Milk
- Take 3 tbsp Butter
- Make ready 1 tbsp Maple syrup (optional)
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup Oatmeal (not quick oats)
- Prepare 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- Get 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Ground allspice
- Get 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp Melted butter
- Prepare 1 can Whole berry cranberry sauce
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, cube, and cook sweet potatoes as you would to make mashed potatoes. When fork-tender, remove from heat and drain water. Mash the sweet potatoes, adding about 1/3-1/4 cup of milk, 3 tbsp butter, and maple syrup (optional). Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 8x8 or 11x7 casserole dish.
- Empty the can of whole berry cranberry sauce into a small bowl. Using a fork, smash up the sauce until the sauce is only slightly lumpy (no need to smash the berries too much). Layer on top of the sweet potatoes.
- In another bowl, combine all of the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure to mix well. Melt the remaining butter and add to the dry ingredients. The mixture will be slightly wet and crumbly. Spoon over the cranberry sauce in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. This dish can be made in advance (night before or earlier in the day) and reheats nicely.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food sweet potato casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!