How to Make Perfect Vickys Homemade Marshmallows, GF DF EF SF NF
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vickys homemade marshmallows, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Homemade Marshmallows, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Vickys Homemade Marshmallows, GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vickys homemade marshmallows, gf df ef sf nf using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Homemade Marshmallows, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 25 g powdered gelatin (3.5 packs)
- Prepare 120 ml cold water (1/2 cup)
- Get 1.5 tsp vanilla extract or prefered flavouring
- Make ready 300 grams sugar (1.5 cups)
- Take 240 ml golden syrup / Karo light corn syrup (1 cup)
- Get 180 ml water (3/4 cup)
- Take 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare 120 g icing / powdered sugar (1 cup)
- Take 55 g cornflour / cornstarch (half cup)
Instructions to make Vickys Homemade Marshmallows, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Mix the icing sugar and cornflour together. This is your coating and what will stop the marshmallows sticking together. Set aside
- Combine the gelatin, cold water and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixture and whisk with a fork until it thickens to a paste
- Meanwhile put the corn syrup, sugar, salt and second amount of water in a saucepan and stir briefly off the heat
- Bring the mixture slowly to the boil. Don't stir!
- Uncover and place a candy thermometer in the pan. Bring to soft ball stage - 240F /115C, no stirring. If you don't have a thermometer, keep a glass of ice cold water near the pan. When the mixture comes to a full boil, scoop a quarter teaspoon of it and drop it in the water. If you can form a squishy ball in the water, it's ready
- Start the mixer with the bloomed gelatin in it going on a medium speed
- Now the fun part…You need to slowly and carefully start to pour the hot syrup mixture into the mixer. Be really careful here, you don't want to end up with a syrup burn trust me…. I had one and I was sat with my hand in a jug of cold water for 10 hours before the heat started to come out of it….go slow and aim for the side of the bowl rather than straight into the gelatin
- Once all the syrup is in, turn the mixer to high and throw a clean tea towel over it to avoid the mixture going everywhere. In 15 or 20 minutes (depends on your mixer…) you should see peaks starting to form like you'd see in meringue mixture
- While you're waiting, line a 13cm x 9cm tin or glass dish with parchment paper and add a good dusting of the icing sugar mixture on top of it, edge to edge. This will make the paper peel of more easily when the time comes
- When the marshmallow mixture is ready, scrape it into the lined tin and smooth off the top with wet hands or the back of a wet spoon
- You now need to let it cool, uncovered, at room temperature overnight. Patience required!
- In the morning, dust the top of the marshmallow block with some more icing sugar /cornflour and turn out onto a dusted chopping board. Peel off the paper, it should come away quite easily
- Now cut the block into equal sized squares. I find kitchen shears are the easiest way but you can use a pizza cutter or sharp knife
- You can also use cookie cutters to cut the shapes out such as hearts or stars but then you're left with the outline!
- Toss the cut marshmallows in the bowl of icing sugar so they don't all stick together and store in a lidded container in until they're gone
- You can use agar (vegan gelatin) here BUT it works a bit differently. Powdered agar is a straight substitution for powdered gelatinin but you need to boil it to activate. So put the agar and cold water in a pan instead of in the mixer bowl, let it sit 5 minutes then start to heat up, bringing to the boil then letting it go for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into the mixer bowl and start it on a medium speed, then pour your syrup mixture in as directed above
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vickys homemade marshmallows, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!