Steps to Prepare Quick Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Prepare 2 pounds purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes)
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Get 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup flour plus extra for dusting
- Get 3 tablespoons butter
- Get 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- Prepare 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min.
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process.
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring.
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine.
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces.
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together.
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use.
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier.
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!