Simple Way to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Simple Chewy Popcorn Balls
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, simple chewy popcorn balls. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple Chewy Popcorn Balls is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Simple Chewy Popcorn Balls is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Sweet, crunchy balls of popcorn are a delicious snack and make great holiday gifts. Grease hands with vegetable shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls before it cools. It was so simple to make these.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook simple chewy popcorn balls using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Chewy Popcorn Balls:
- Make ready 1 cup karo light corn syrup
- Get 2 packages kettlecorn
- Prepare 1 cup sugar
- Prepare 7 dash food colouring (optional)
This simple recipe is a great base for so many flavor combinations - the possibilities are endless! This post is sponsored by Karo® Syrup as part of the Season of Sweetness Blogger Program. This makes a chewy popcorn ball, as opposed to the crunchy ones you usually find. Add desired amount of food coloring.
Steps to make Simple Chewy Popcorn Balls:
- Make both bags of kettlecorn. Get out a large bowl and fill it with both bags of the kettlecorn.
- Get out a medium pot and set the burner on medium heat.
- Add in your corn syrup first, then your sugar.
- Don't mix the sugar and corn syrup until half of the sugar has dissolved. If you would like, you can now add the food coloring. Once that's done, keep mixing until it begins to boil.
- Once it begins to boil, you can let it boil for about 45 seconds for a more chewy popcorn ball or 1 and a half minutes for a harder popcorn ball.
- Remove from heat and pour slowly into the bowl of kettlecorn and mix it in as you are pouring. Immediately begin mixing quickly when done pouring. Mix the kettlecorn and corn syrup/sugar solution well. WARNING: It will be very hot! Be careful!
- Continue mixing for a couple minutes, until it begins to get slightly hard and is cool enough to mold into balls. Be careful not to let it cool too much or it will be too hard to form into balls.
- Take a handful of the kettlecorn and form it into a firm, compressed ball. Repeat this until you run out of kettlecorn.
- Let the popcorn balls cool on a plate spaced far enough apart that they don't touch one another. Until they become less sticky, pick them up off the plate frequently so that they don't stick.
Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat well. Shape into balls with buttered hands. Enjoy these wonderful peanut butter popcorn balls. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, or place in plastic bags and tie with ribbon or raffia. These caramel popcorn balls are adapted from my microwave caramel popcorn recipe and taste SO delicious!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food simple chewy popcorn balls recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!