Steps to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Sauerkraut Pie
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sauerkraut pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
The Best Sauerkraut Pie Recipes on Yummly Sauerkraut Pie, Roasted Pork Loin With Sauerkraut, Oktoberfest Ribs With Apple Sauerkraut. An amazing mix of sauerkraut hidden in custard and topped with whipped cream.
Sauerkraut Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sauerkraut Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sauerkraut pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sauerkraut Pie:
- Make ready 3/4 cup chopped sauerkraut drained
- Take 2 batches muerbeteig crusts see my recipe
- Make ready 2 cup milk, I used evaporated milk
- Get 1/2 cup sugar
- Make ready 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take 4 large eggs
- Take 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Get 12 ounces hotdogs, optional
- Take As needed nonstick spray
This is a homemade pie with sauerkraut which is delicious and will impress your dinner guests. The pie resemble a quiche but is made with an traditional pie bottom instead of a puff pastry dough. The easy mashed potato pie with sauerkraut does not have a strict list of ingredients. Sauerkraut is finely cut raw cabbage that has been fermented by various lactic acid bacteria.
Instructions to make Sauerkraut Pie:
- Make the Muerbeteig crust and put into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla.
- Drain the sauerkraut well. The draining is very important if you don't it will be too wet. Chop the hotdogs into bite sized pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients except the muerbeteig crust.
- Roll out the dough, for the first crust on the bottom.
- Spray nonstick in a 10 inch oven safe skillet, and put the crust in the pan pushing all air out in between the crust and skillet.
- Pour the sauerkraut mixture into the crust
- Add the other crust on top and cut slits into the top to release steam as it cooks.
- Bake in the oven 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool serve I hope you enjoy!
It has a long shelf life and a distinctive sour flavor. Add sauerkraut with spices and saute briefly. Deglaze pan with wine and season with salt and pepper. Fill with half of well drained sauerkraut, smooth and put wrapped fish on top. Top with frozen corn, then add the layer of sauerkraut again divided into the pans.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sauerkraut pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!