Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Sandy&#39;s Sweet Potato Pie
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sandy's sweet potato pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sandy's sweet potato pie using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie:
- Get 2 1/2 # Whole Sweet potatoes
- Get 2 sticks butter
- Make ready 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make ready 2 tsp homemade vanilla extract. (1 large bottle 80 proof Moonshine, a good quantity of scraped vanilla sticks, steeped for 1-2 months.) Or, store-bought
- Take 4 large eggs
- Prepare 2 cups granulated sugar
- Get 1 cup Whole milk
- Take 2 prepared, uncooked pie crusts
Instructions to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Boil unpeeled Sweet Potatoes for about 40 minutes.
- Strain, cool, peel, and place in a paddle mixer.
- Slowy mix until smooth and then add the butter.
- Blend in the butter and when well mixed, add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and mixed.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust shells.
- Put into a preheated oven and cook for 57 minutes.
- Check for doneness cooking longer if needed, all depends on your oven.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
- When ready to serve, we like a good shot of Whipped Cream.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sandy's sweet potato pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!